Rocking it today with Super Agent Michael Bourret of Dystel and Goderich Literary Management. Michael is offering the unique opportunity to chat with him about the industry and other bits of awesome either in person (if you live in the area) or by phone. Though not a critique, this is a genius opportunity to get an insider’s perspective of publishing, so get to bidding, folks!
This auction is open for bidding until 11:59pm, Eastern Daylight Time, May 12th, 2012.
- Comment on THIS BLOG POST with your bid. Bidding starts at US$1.
- You may, of course, bid more than once.
- The highest bid at 11:59pm, Eastern Daylight Time, May 12th, 2012, will win.
- Once the auction closes, if you are the highest bidder, I will contact you with further instructions.
- Please DO NOT donate, send the file, etc., unless I email you! SERIOUSLY.
Michael Bourret joined Dystel & Goderich Literary Management as an intern while studying film and television production at New York University, and began at the agency full-time in 2000. After ten years as an agent in the New York office, Michael now works in Los Angeles in the West Coast office of DGLM. There, he continues to represent his own list of bestselling and award-winning clients while also aggressively pursuing new film and television opportunities.
Michael is always on the lookout for exceptional writers with unique ideas, no matter what the category. He is currently looking for middle grade and young adult fiction, commercial adult fiction, and all sorts of nonfiction, from practical to narrative. He’s especially interested in food and cocktail related books, memoir, popular history, politics, religion (though not spirituality), popular science, and current events. And if you’ve got something on bourbon or tennis, even better.