A rare and excellent opportunity today, guys, from Professor Mesle at the University of California, Los Angeles. She is offering her expertise on the first 2500 words of any adult or YA novel. She’d be an especially good reader for lgbt/queer friendly or political–as well as anything Victorian or nineteenth-century, or a MS with a more literary tone or bent (a “thinking” book). Or you can also have her creative and critical eyes on up to 2500 words of a synopsis. This is a fabulous opportunity to hone your craft and get a different sort of viewpoint on your work. So go forth and pledge!
You can pledge for this critique until May 25th at 11:59pm, Eastern Daylight Time.
- Comment on this blog post saying how much you pledge.
- By pledging, you promise to donate the pledged amount only if you win
- Pledges must be at least $10.
- If you would like to pledge more, go for it! Every additional five dollars will give you another entry. (Ex: pledging $20, enough to give one person in a developing nation clean, safe water, gets you three entries.)
- You do NOT need to pledge more than previous commenters.
- Once pledging time ends, I’ll choose a winner using random.org.
- Again: please do NOT donate unless I email you saying you’re the winner.
This is a little complicated, so if you have any questions, feel free to comment below or email me.
SARAH MESLE is a visiting Assistant Professor of Humanities at the University of California, Los Angeles. She received her PhD from Northwestern University in 2009. Her academic interests include American literature, particularly to 1900, the novel, gender and popular culture, and transatlantic cultures of slavery.