Another of the three great chances to get a critique from Cassandra Marshall, freelance editor, YA author, and literary agent staffer of awesome. You are welcome to participate in all three of Cassandra’s critiques, but there will be three separate winners. So get involved in them!
This pledge is for the first 50 pages of any YA manuscript!
Pledging will be open for this critique until June 5th at 11:59pm, Eastern Daylight Time.
- Comment on this blog post saying how much you pledge.
- By pledging, you promise to donate the pledged amount only if you win
- Pledges must be at least $20.
- If you would like to pledge more, go for it! Every additional ten dollars will give you another entry. (Ex: pledging $80, enough to give an entire family in a developing nation clean, safe water, gets you seven entries.)
- You do NOT need to pledge more than previous commenters.
- Once pledging time ends, I’ll choose a winner using random.org.
- Again: please do NOT donate unless I email you saying you’re the winner.
This is a little complicated, so if you have any questions, feel free to comment below or email me.
Cassandra gets to use her MA in Creative Writing from Newcastle University in her day job as a freelance editor. This means that she can set her own hours and lay around the house in her pajamas all day (not really) and snuggle with her dog Mollie whenever she wants to (really). She’s seriously addicted to that dog.
She’s also addicted to reading queries for a literary agency in NYC. Some are funny, some are horrifying, and some are so awesome that it takes all her reserve not to jump around and shout about them. She does that anyway, but only in the privacy of her own home.
It took a year in the northeast of England to get that MA and even though she’ll be in student debt up to her eyeballs for the rest of her life, it was worth every penny. And before that she attended Rochester College where she earned a BA in Professional Writing.