Next up on the Crits for Water chopping block is the super amazing Brandy Colbert, the first of our 2013 debut authors. Brandy’s upcoming book, A Point So Delicate, is a contemporary, psychological drama featuring ballet, which pleases me immensely. Ahem. Brandy is offering to critique the first 5000 words of a YA manuscript (any genre). So get to bidding, because she’s awesome!
You can bid for this critique until June 6th at 11:59pm, Eastern Daylight Time.
- Comment on THIS BLOG POST with your bid. Bidding starts at US$1.
- You may, of course, bid more than once.
- The highest bid at 11:59pm, Eastern Daylight Time, June 6th, 2012, will win.
- Once the auction closes, if you are the highest bidder, I will contact you with further instructions.
- Please DO NOT donate, send the file, etc., unless I email you! SERIOUSLY.
Brandy was born and raised in the Ozarks – more specifically, Springfield, Missouri – and earned a Bachelors Degree in Journalism from Missouri State University. She moved to Los Angeles immediately after college, lived there for six years, then moved to Chicago where she lived through four brutal winters before heading back to LA.
Over the years, she’s worked at a big-box hardware retailer, as a magazine editor for various consumer and trade magazines, and as a business editor for a boutique investment banking firm. She currently works as a freelance magazine copy editor. Though a picky eater and a vegetarian in real life, she’s an adventurous foodie at heart. She tap dances, and is an avid fan of Degrassi, the Flintstones, Louis C.K., and Hello Kitty. Brandy’s head over heels for YA fiction and writes it, too. She is represented by Tina Wexler at International Creative Management.