Next up on the Crits for Water awesome is former intern and wonderfully lovely Kara M. Taylor, author of the upcoming Prep School Confidential (St. Martin’s, 2013). Kara is offering to critique the first chapter of a YA or MG manuscript (any genre). Get to pledging, guys, because Kara has some great insights about what it takes to make your submissions stand out, especially after her time as an intern for the illustrious Elana Roth in addition to everything else!.
Pledging will be open for this critique until June 9th at 11:59pm, Eastern Daylight Time.
- Comment on this blog post saying how much you pledge.
- By pledging, you promise to donate the pledged amount only if you win
- Pledges must be at least $10.
- If you would like to pledge more, go for it! Every additional five dollars will give you another entry. (Ex: pledging $40, enough to give two people in a developing nation clean, safe water, gets you seven entries.)
- You do NOT need to pledge more than previous commenters.
- Once pledging time ends, I’ll choose a winner using random.org.
- Again: please do NOT donate unless I email you saying you’re the winner.
This is a little complicated, so if you have any questions, feel free to comment below or email me.
Kara is 22-years-old and represented by Suzie Townsend of Nancy Coffey Literary. She lives and writes on Long Island, where she splits her time between her Chihuahua, cupcake decorating, and graduate school. She’s a certified English teacher, but she’s still trying to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up. PREP SCHOOL CONFIDENTIAL is about a Queen Bee/accidental arsonist and a murder mystery at a creepy Boston boarding school.