A great chance for three separate winners today–Erin Bowman, super author of the upcoming Taken is offering one critique of 5000 words and Chelsey Flood, Lucky 13er author of Infinite Sky, will critique 5000 words for two winners. These are for young adult manuscripts (any genre) only. Both ladies are incredibly talented and kind, so pledge and if you win, you’ll get amazing eyes on your first pages.
Pledging will be open for this critique until June 15th at 11:59pm, Eastern Daylight Time.
- Comment on this blog post saying how much you pledge.
- Please just pledge once. It will enter you for both Erin Bowman and Chelsey Flood’s critiques.
- But you can only win one of the three critiques.
- By pledging, you promise to donate the pledged amount only if you win
- Pledges must be at least $15.
- If you would like to pledge more, go for it! Every additional five dollars will give you another entry. (Ex: pledging $40, enough to give two people in a developing nation clean, safe water, gets you six entries.)
- You do NOT need to pledge more than previous commenters.
- Once pledging time ends, I’ll choose a winner using random.org.
- Again: please do NOT donate unless I email you saying you’re the winner.
This is a little complicated, so if you have any questions, feel free to comment below or email me.
When she’s not writing, she usually spends time far, far away from a computer. She likes to hike. And camp. She also likes coffee, and hoodies, and the feeling one gets when the perfect song comes on the radio at exactly the right moment.
Chelsey graduated from an MA in Creative Writing at the University of East Anglia in 2010. While studying there, an extract from her novel won the Curtis Brown Award, and she also met her wonderful agent, Catherine Clarke. Her second novel, will come out with Simon and Schuster in 2014.
She currently lives in Bristol, where she writes full time. When she’s not at her desk she likes to play table tennis, swim in the river, drink beer and read.