Next up is Ashley Elston, author of the 2013 Disney-Hyperion debut The Rules for Disappearing. Ashley is offering a submissions package–your first 2500 words plus a query of any young adult manuscript. Ashley writes fantastic queries and beautiful words, so do not miss her expertise. Plus she’s a super nice, classy lady, and an amazing photographer.
You can pledge for this critique until June 18th at 11:59pm, Eastern Daylight Time.
- Comment on this blog post saying how much you pledge.
- By pledging, you promise to donate the pledged amount only if you win
- Pledges must be at least $10.
- If you would like to pledge more, go for it! Every additional five dollars will give you another entry. (Ex: pledging $20, enough to give two people in a developing nation clean, safe water, gets you three entries.)
- You do NOT need to pledge more than previous commenters.
- Once pledging time ends, I’ll choose a winner using random.org.
- Again: please do NOT donate unless I email you saying you’re the winner.
This is a little complicated, so if you have any questions, feel free to comment below or email me.
Ashley Elston is a writer and occasional portrait photographer. She lives in Shreveport, Louisiana with her husband, Dean and their three young sons. Ashley also helps run her husband’s landscaping business but only because it’s a good excuse to dig in the dirt.