Got some mega awesome coming your way: Marie Lu, author of Legend and the upcoming Prodigy, is offering to critique the first three chapters of a young adult science fiction or fantasy novel. Marie is pretty much legend (heh, I bet she gets that all the time) for her classiness and awesome, so get a-bidding, folks!
This auction will be open for bids until June 27th at 11:59pm, Eastern Daylight Time.
- Comment on THIS BLOG POST with your bid. Bidding starts at US$1.
- You may, of course, bid more than once.
- The highest bid at 11:59pm, Eastern Daylight Time, June 27th, 2012, will win.
- Once the auction closes, if you are the highest bidder, I will contact you with further instructions.
- Please DO NOT donate, send the file, etc., unless I email you! SERIOUSLY.
Marie Lu was born in China in 1984 (perhaps a sign of dystopian stories to come), and moved from Beijing to Baton Rouge, Louisiana in the same year the Tiananmen Square massacre happened. Eventually she and her parents settled down in Sugar Land, Texas—which she still considers her hometown.
She finished her first novel when she was 15 years old, but it took her second manuscript to acquire a literary agent. When that one didn’t sell either, she went off to college in Los Angeles and wrote two more manuscripts. Although those still didn’t sell, one of them did get her the amazing literary agent Kristin Nelson, who sold her fifth manuscript, the dystopian young adult novel LEGEND, to Putnam Children’s/Penguin USA.
Marie graduated in 2006 from USC and currently resides in Los Angeles, where she spends her time stuck in traffic.